Friday, March 21, 2014

Happy Birthday Dear Sista!

Happy birthday to my sista!

Because I'm the best, I've made her a cake.  Homemade chocolate with a vanilla buttercream. YUM.

This buttercream has changed my life, not really, but it is so good.  Not the best for piping but it can be done if you work fast or take time to cool it down every now and then.

It's truly a buttercream in every sense of the word... It is butter and cream :)

"I can actually hear you getting fatter..."
(Ten points to the person that can name the movie that quote is from.) 

Because I love ya and I know you need more cream and butter in your life I've included the recipe.

Enjoy!







Buttercream Frosting:

- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream

In a larger bowl, with a hand or stand mixer, cream together sugar and butter on low speed.  Mix until well blended.  Increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.

Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for desired spreading/piping consistency.

Scoop into a piping bag and pipe decoratively onto cupcakes or spread onto cupcakes as desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment