Friday, February 14, 2014

What I Wore...Valentines Edition

It's our first Valentine's Day with our little peanut.  To celebrate Patrick and I made reservations at a local restaurant that we had yet to try.  I wanted to be casual but wanted something a bit more special than the usual jeans.  To be quite honest I really just wanted to be as comfortable as possible.  Clothes still aren't fitting me quite right since having baby and the idea of tucking both my shirt and my stomach into my pants just didn't sound appealing.  I needed something that was a bit oversized in feel and would just float on me.  Because it's not quite caftan/muumuu weather just yet I went for a blouse from Gap and leggings (that I confess, are maternity).  I just love the way they come up high enough to cover my chest to make a highly attractive, sausage looking, tube onesie outfit.  It's my typical weekend wear, Patrick is so lucky.  But that's another post for another day.  
To top the whole thing off I threw on  a pair of Steve Madden boots that I just adore.  The exposed zipper is purple, so fun.
For a bit of "fancy" I chose the "Christina's Joy" necklace, which can be found here, and the "Amplify" bracelet, here.  




I first want to touch on the necklace.  It is SO pretty.  To be quite honest, when I first saw it in the catalog I was not thrilled by it.  It just didn't photograph well.  But in person, it's a looker.  It can easily be worn with a dress or jeans and a t-shirt.  The color works well with nearly anything.  The peachy resin really has a lot of brown in it so it comes off as a neutral and can be worn with so much.  I wore mine with navy tonight.  When you check it out you might decide the price point is a bit more than you want to spend.  Well guess what?!  If you host a party/book party you can get it at a ridiculously discounted price.  Consider it.  I'm really fun to hang out with :)

The "Amplify" bracelet definitely will work with anything in your closet.  I wore mine on the same wrist as my watch.  It was a cute complement.  I will also be stacking it with other bracelets as I love a layered look.

And now, for your viewing pleasure...me modeling the goods.
You can not deny it, obviously in my past life I was one of "Barker's Beauties" on The Price is Right.


To add the cherry on top of my evening I'm already in my pajamas enjoying this...


Happy Valentine's Day friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment