Friday, May 30, 2014

I Haven't Forgotten About You

I realize I have taken a bit of a hiatus from writing... totally unintentional.
It just so happens I've got a lot going on right now and I haven't even thought of sitting down to write a new post.  lo siento.

At some point I'll sit and focus on writing and share with you our first family vacay to the Black Hills.  Nine month old babies looooove the Black Hills ;-)  I am also leaving for a 10 day trip to Ireland next week.

Callyn at Bear Country.
 Much more effective to have the baby outside of the car in order to draw the bears closer so Patrick and I could get a better look.


In the mean time here's my quick "High Five for Friday."

1. Nice weather.  We've been having some.  Although I'd love the rain for our plant's sake, baby and I have been getting out for a nice walk every morning and afternoon.

2. Taco House. Got me some last night. I don't know how I am able to go without it during the winter.

3. I can't tell you the amount of excitement I have for the smores that I'm going to be eating tonight.  They'll be the first of the season and I've bought some special things for them.  We'll have the standard kind of course, but I also bought peanut butter cups and peppermint patties to try out on them. Mmmmm.

4. While I'm on the topic of food this week (embarrassing that 3 of my 5 items are about food), I tried out this silly little Weight Watchers (worth 2 points) dessert that I saw on Pinterest.


These little devils are yummy!  All you need is one regular sized tub of fat free whipped topping.  Thaw and mix with two tablespoons of peanut butter.  Scoop some into cupcake lined muffin tins and put a bit of sugar free chocolate syrup on them.  I would NEVER buy sugar free so I didn't have any on hand.  I used the regular stuff.  Then throw them in the freezer.  I really had high hopes for them but was pretty sure I'd be disappointed.  I wasn't!  They almost taste like a peanut butter ice cream or a peanut butter pie without a crust.  Although mine are more calories than the recipe I do believe the recipe said they're only 35 calories.  They've been perfect after supper when we're craving a little dessert.

5. In love with my fitbit (pedometer).  I've had it for a while and will go in spurts with using it.  I've picked it up again this week and have just been loving it.  Keeps me motivated.  If you're wondering "what the heck is that?" Google it, or ask me.  Obviously I should be a bit more vigilant with using it as most of the things I write about are the things I've been eating :)

Anyway, I'll try to get some new content up, be patient with me!  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment